David A. Drown Boulevard, William Bradford Memorial
DAVID A. DROWN BOULEVARD
Location: Parallel with the bicycle path from Sconticut Neck Road, west to the south end of Alden Road
Named in honor of David Alan Drown, SP4, United States Army, killed in action, Vietnam, 27 March 1967. According to the Town Report, 1974, on Saturday March 9, of that year, the Town Meeting members voted unanimously to change the name of the accepted way known as Railroad Avenue to David A. Drown Boulevard.
Source: Town Hall records, Clerk’s Office.
Location: End of Main and Church Streets, Fairhaven, MA
1823 – 1892
Built his first studio in 1851 on this site
The Fairhaven native achieved international fame
as a lecturer and an arctic painter
Queen Victoria commissioned Bradford
to paint “The Panther In Melville Bay.”
R. Swain Gifford and L.D. Eldred were students here
FAIRHAVEN IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION
The fine print:
The Millicent Library has had a website since 1995.
Kyle DeCicco-Carey, Library Director