A Franklin Wireless R850 Mobile Hotspot is available to be checked out on your Millicent Library card.
Read about it in the MobileBeacon spec sheet.
You may borrow the device to access the Internet for free at your home, in your car, or anywhere else!
Sorry! For Millicent Library cardholders only!
Here is the link to the library catalog entry at which you may place holds
Wi-Fi Hotspot Rules
- Patrons must have a valid Millicent Library card.
- Patrons must be 18 years old or over.
- The Hotspot can be checked out for 1 week.
- Hotspots are not eligible for renewal.
- Late fee: $5/day with maximum of $20. After four days the hotspot may be deactivated.
- All components (Hotspot, charger, and Pelican case) must be present upon return for the library to consider the item checked in.
- Replacement for the Hotspot is $80, the charger is $20 and the case is $25.
- Hotspots must be returned to a staff member at the Millicent Library Circulation Desk. There will be a $10 charge if the item is returned to another library.
- Please charge the Hotspot fully before returning it so it will be ready for the next borrower.
How to Use the Hotspot
- Turn on the Mobile HotSpot by pressing and holding the power button on the front of the device until you see Welcome appear on the display. It may take up to 30 seconds for the hotspot to be ready for use.
- Wait for it to run through its menu.
- On your laptop, tablet or other Wi-Fi enabled device, search for available Wi-Fi Networks and select the SprintWiFia22b773 in the list.
- Enter the Password which is 1346534a
Note: It may take up to a minute to establish a connection.
You’re good to go!
- To turn off the hotspot, press and hold the power button on the front of the device until you see Goodbye appear on the display.